One Day Workshop
Sunday, 2 April 2017.
Our group workshop is based on material from the EFT program Hold Me Tight® and techniques from Gottman Methods Couple Therapy. This unique workshop is perfectly suited for couples who have limited time, but would like to work on improving their relationship.
Hold Me Tight® is an educational and experiential workshop suitable for all types of couples, in every phase of their relationship. It is designed to help couples understand their relationship and develop better communication.
As a group we will listen to presentations from the facilitator as well as watch videos of Dr. Sue Johnson (Founder of EFT) working with other couples as they undergo a similar process. During class you and your partner will engage privately in various exercises designed to bring you closer and enhance your connection.
During the workshop you and your partner will learn how to:
- Recognize patterns that lead to conflict
- Break out of cycles that cause pain, frustration, and loneliness
- Make sense of your emotional needs and those of your partner
- Communicate more effectively
- Develop a method for processing arguments and past hurts
Dates & Fees
Sunday, 2 April 2017 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Fees per couple:
- €295 (Early bird fee until 17 March)
- € 325 (From 18 March onward)
One day group workshops include the following:
- 20 minute free introductory Skype session
- 6 hours of experiential learning (Two, 3 hr classes with an hour lunch break in between)
- Hold Me Tight® program is utilized
- A take home package of tools and supplementary support materials
- Coffee, tea and light refreshments
Fees include 21% BTW.
Payment is to be made in advance via bank transfer or PayPal (there is a 5% surcharge for payments made through PayPal).
This workshop is open to all couples, in every stage of their relationship.
Below are certain situations where this group couples workshop is not suitable:
- Current ongoing (undisclosed) infidelity
- Continual domestic violence or threat of violence
- Active substance abuse
- Untreated serious mental health issues or unresolved trauma
- One partner has already decided definitively to leave the relationship
If you are uncertain about whether your personal situation would be suitable, please do not hesitate contacting us.
Privacy between you and your partner will be maintained throughout the entire workshop. All conversations with your partner occur in private rooms. The facilitator is responsible for establishing and maintaining a setting where each individual in the group feels safe and secure. Participants are welcome to share their experiences however no couple or individual will be required to disclose any personal information within the group.
The registration fee is fully refundable up to four weeks before the start date of the workshop.
We realize that sometimes in life there are emergency situations which could force you to cancel or postpone your place in the workshop. In such circumstances, and based on the sole discretion of Debby Poort, consideration will be given for a one time opportunity to transfer your registration to a future workshop within 6 months of the originally scheduled workshop.
All workshops are enrolled on a first come, first served basis.