My name is Debby. I was born in America and relocated to the Netherlands in 2000. I received my training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) from Dr. Sue Johnson and have also completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. I am also a certified Hold Me Tight® facilitator.
My background is in integrative psychotherapy and I received my degree from the Nederlandse Academie voor Psychotherapie in 2009. I have been working with the expat community since 2007. Aside from offering individual psychotherapy and couples therapy in my private practice, Yellow Wood, I am also a certified mindfulness instructor. Between 2010 – 2016, I taught courses in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to both the general public and teachers at international schools in the Netherlands.
My personal experience living abroad in a cross-cultural relationship with a Dutch husband helps me relate to the many couples I work with who are in a similar situation.
I look forward to meeting you!
• Integrative psychotherapy degree, Nederlandse Academie voor Psychotherapie, Amsterdam, 2009
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Wheaton College, 1997
• Member of the Vereniging van Integraal Therapeuten (VIT)
• Member of the Stichting Register Beroepsoefenaren Complementaire Zorg (RBCZ)
• A-member VIT: 367.10.A
• RBCZ: 103088R
• SCAG: 11508
• KVK: 34332610
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Depression and Anxiety Disorders, taught by Dr. Russ Harris, April 2018
• Level 1 Clinical training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, June 2016
• Full day master class in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy with Dr. Sue Johnson, April 2015
• Full day master class with Jon Kabat-Zinn, April 2015
• Full day master class with Dr. Daniel Siegel, April 2015
• The Hold Me Tight® Facilitator training program, Stichting EFT- Nederland, September 2013
• Four day externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy with Dr. Sue Johnson, April 2013
• Teach .b certification course, Mindfulness in Schools Project, March 2013
• Five day silent insight meditation retreat for MBCT teachers with Christina Feldman and John Peacock, March 2012
• Mindful Schools curriculum training, Mindful Schools, July 2011
• Teacher training in MBCT, See True Mindfulness Opleiding, April – Nov. 2010
• Eight week course in MBCT, See True Mindfulness Training, January – March 2010